The common version of SHIELD
The common version of the SHIELD code includes the following features:
- Transport of N, p , K, Anti N, and atomic nuclei in energy range up to 1 TeV/A.
- Geometric configuration of the target as an arbitrary combination of bodies bounded by the second order surfaces (the Combinatorial Geometry compatible) [1-2].
- Arbitrary chemical and isotopic composition of materials in target zones.
- Ionization losses of charged hadrons and nuclear fragments according to the Bethe-Bloch equation or using the ATIMA code.
- Two- and three-particle modes of decay of pions and kaons.
- Simulation of the inelastic hadron-nucleus and nucleus-nucleus interaction in exclusive approach
- Memorizing of the extranuclear cascade tree during simulation without any loss of physics information.
- Forming of the source of neutrons (En< 14.5 MeV) as well as of the sources of electrons/positrons and
g -quanta, which were born at simulation of the extranuclear cascade.
- Neutron transport (En < 14.5 ÌýÂ) on the basis of the 28-group neutron data ABBN .
The possibility of jointed using of SHIELD and MCNP is foreseen.
- Analog and weighted modes of the simulation, an open architecture of the code.
- Scoring of the energy deposition in each geometric zone of the target.
- Scoring of the production rates of radioisotopes in each geometric zone of the target and subsequent calculation of activation and cooling of the target using the DCHAIN-SP code [4,5].
- Track Length Estimation (TLE) of differential fluences of secondary particles and nuclear fragments in each geometric zone of the target.
The total and inelastic cross sections of the hadron-nucleus and nucleus-nucleus interaction are calculated according to [6-8]. These cross sections are used for sampling of the nuclear interaction pass length as well as for choice of the interaction type (inelastic/elastic).
- M.B.Emmet. The MORSE Monte Carlo Radiation Transport Code System, ORNL-4972 (1975).
- A.V.Dementyev. GEMCA-the Module for Description of Geometric Configurations . Preprint INR RAS 872/94, Moscow, 1994 (in Russian).
- L.P.Abagyan, N.O.Bazazyants, M.N.Nikolaev, A.M.Tsibulya. Group Constants for Reactor and Shielding Calculations. Energoizdat, Moscow, 1981 (in Russian).
- H.Takada, K.Kosako. Development of the DCHAIN SP for Analysis Decay and Build-up Characteristics of Spallation Products. JAERI Data/Code 99 008.
- N.M.Sobolevsky, L.N.Latysheva, E.Mustafin. Adaptation of the DCHAIN-SP code for joint using with the SHIELD transport code. Preprint INR RAS 1253/2010, Moscow, 2010 (in Russian).
- V.S.Barashenkov. Cross Sections of Interaction of Particles and Nuclei with Nuclei. JINR, Dubna, 1993, (in Russian).
- V.S.Barashenkov, A.Polanski. Electronic Guide for Nuclear Cross Sections. JINR E2 94 417, Dubna, 1994.
- B.S.Sychev. Cross Sections of Interaction of High-Energy Hadrons with Atomic Nuclei. MRTI RAS, Moscow, 1999 (in Russian).